Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Here We Go Again...

Well... I'm back in the hospital. The 27th weeks starts off with a little chaos. I went in for my routine appointment yesterday and things weren't where they needed to be. My doctor immediately sent me up to labor and delivery and hooked me up to every machine possible. They have changed my medicine in hopes of stopping the contractions. Things were touch and go last night but seem to be looking better today. The contractions have slowed down. They will most likely keep me here until Wednesday or Thursday just to be on the safe side. The doctors also decided to go ahead with the steroid injections to speed up the baby's lung development. This will get the lungs to the 30 week stage. The really great news is that the fetal fibronectin test came back negative again which gives me a 99% chance of not going into active labor in the next 2 weeks. This was a huge relief. I just have to keep this baby in for another 5 weeks minimum! This has already been such a long road. 

I'm so thankful my mom was with me yesterday at the doctor. Of course it's our luck for Trey to be out of town until next Saturday. So far I've managed to have a very dramatic pregnancy! I plan on explaining to his boss that he is not allowed to go out of town until I deliver this baby, haha. Hopefully that will be later rather than sooner. We are just trying to stay positive and not get wrapped up in all the what ifs. I pray this is my last trip to labor and delivery before I'm actually ready to delivery the baby. 

Thank you so much for all of your thoughts and prayers. We can't explain how much this means to our family. I'll try my best to keep everyone updated. I know we've got so many people worried. 

1 comment:

Our Lives In A Nutshell said...

We're thinking about you! Stay positive. You're doing great!