Tuesday, May 26, 2009

29 Weeks Completed!

We had our 29 week appointment today. There is nothing new to report. Everything has stayed about the same. The start of our 30th week marks a big milestone. The UT NICU has over a 98% survival rate with babies born after the 30th week. Babies typically do very well once they get to 30 weeks. Obviously I would like to get much further than this. Trey seems to think I'll go to term and need to be induced. That would be my luck! I just want to keep her in as long as possible. Our doctor informed us today that if we make it to 35 weeks she'll take me off bed rest. This means I'm stuck on my tush for six more weeks at the most!

I'm so excited about this weekend! My family from Nashville is coming in town! I haven't seen them since Christmas! I typically make a trip to Nashville every month or so but have obviously been unable to do that lately. They are in for a shock when they see how much I've grown since December!

Here's a look at what's going on with little Natalee this week...

Your pregnancy: 30 weeks

How your baby's growing:Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (
like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

No comments: