Friday, June 5, 2009

Great News and a Beautiful Shower!!

The Mack Girls

Maren, Me and Mom

Cousins


Ashley's diaper cake. So cute!


Yes... I know!! I'm huge! Can you believe she's 20 weeks pregnant? I was twice that size at 20 weeks!! I bet she doesn't have the chips o'hoy issues I had.



The week was off to a great start with a beautiful shower thrown by Ashley and Ann Arms. They really went all out (which is not shocking). The afternoon was perfect. It has been a neat experience for Ashley and I to be pregnant at the same time. I have pictures of our mom's together when they were pregnant with us. We are exactly 5 months apart. I can't wait to see those photos next to the current ones of Ashley and I.

I was so excited to see our out of town family! Trey's sister Lisa came in from South Carolina which was a nice surprise. My cousin, grandmother and aunts came in from Nashville. I know the days of spending quality time with family will be limited once the baby arrives so I was thrilled to spend the day with everyone. It's weird to think the next time I see them will be after I have Natalee.
We had our 30 week appointment Tuesday. Everything looked great with the baby. She's 3 lbs 10 oz and 18 inches long at this point. She should start gaining half a pound each week up until about 36 weeks. I can tell it's getting tight in there. Her movements are much more slow and exaggerated. I can look down and see my stomach distorted. Currently she is in the breech (or transverse) position. They don't seem to think she will turn but who knows!! Thus far she has kept us guessing and on our toes. She's already got a mind of her own.
They decided to go ahead and take me off the ibuprofen. At this stage of pregnancy continuing the medication could be harmful to her heart. I'm now taking a higher dose of procardia and will continue this up until week 35 or 36. Unfortunately the change in medication caused my contractions to flare up again. I got nervous today and went back in to the office to be examined. They did another fetal fibronectin which came back negative!! I was told to take it easy and rest assured that I have another couple weeks in me. That means we will make it to 33 weeks! When we started this process at week 24 I didn't think I would get this far. I am beyond thrilled to be this far along! My ideal situation would be to get past 36 weeks so she can come home with us. I know the NICU is an amazing place but I really want her to be able to come home when we do. She needs to stay cozy in my belly for another 6 weeks.
Here's a look at what's going on this week:
Your pregnancy: 31 weeks

How your baby's growing:This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. She weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. She can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin. She's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.











No comments: