Thursday, June 11, 2009

Only 3 More Weeks of Bed Rest!!!!

I can't believe it! Only 3 more weeks of bed rest! That may sound like a long time but trust me after 2 months of bed rest it's nothing! If things go well over the next 3 weeks I will be taken off total bed rest! They will most likely keep me on the medicine that stops contractions until 36 weeks. I would love to be able to get out and about during the last couple weeks of my pregnancy. I'm so sick of looking at my house all day every day!

Everything went well at my weekly appointment. I'm measuring exactly where I should be. The little one weighs about 4lbs by now. She's growing and getting stronger by the day. I swear she's practicing her kick boxing skills on an early morning basis. Typically between 2 a.m. and 5 a.m. The child obviously doesn't care about my inability to sleep during these times. She is still in the breech position but she still has some time to turn. The doctor said if she's still breech at 36 weeks they'll determine if it's safe to try to turn her. I hear that works about 65% of the time. If I'm not a candidate for the procedure they'll go ahead and schedule a c-section around week 37 or 38. Hopefully I'll make it that long. My doctor informed me that my cervix has started to soften. She said this is just natures way of preparing the body for dilation. Once this process starts it's hard to determine exactly how long it will be before you go into active labor. Every person is different. If I make it to 35 weeks I'll be thrilled! It's mind blowing to think that's only 3 weeks away! I think it's safe to say that's she'll be here in 5 to 6 weeks at the latest. There is finally some light at the end of the tunnel. I feel like I've been pregnant forever!!

The nursery is almost complete. We have all the major items. The only thing left is the small details. It is definitely an inconvenience trying to finish up the nursery while on bed rest. I would give anything to drive myself to the store to buy the remaining items. Trey and I were able to make a babies r us trip last weekend. I feel like we bought the entire store. I think he was a bit overwhelmed. I had to remind him that I don't get out much so we needed to buy everything at once, haha! It's safe to say that we have all the necessities. Now we just need to put everything together. That should be fun. I'll post some pictures when we get everything completed.

Here's a look at the little one this week

Your pregnancy: 32 weeks

How your baby's growing:By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.


1 comment:

Our Lives In A Nutshell said...

Yay! You're almost there! I have a list of things NOT to get for baby. I thought I needed all of this stuff and it's really only clutter. Let me know if you want me to share:)