Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I'm Still Pregnant!!

Here are a few pics from this weekend...

Trey's head at the end of the rainbow











Taking cover during the storms



Yes... I am still pregnant! I have been so bad about updating the past couple weeks. The good news is that we haven't had too much excitement. Things have been pretty calm around here. I've had a couple doctors appointments that have gone well. I will stop all medicine this week! After I hit 35 weeks they will let me go into labor at any point. We go next Wednesday to determine if she's still breech. If so, we will schedule a c section for August 4th (I hope I don't last that long)! I have a little less than 5 weeks to go at the most. No one seems to think I'll make it that far but who knows!

They say that you should notice a decrease in movement at this point in the pregnancy due to space issues. Well... Natalee doesn't seem to have space issues because she's moving all over the place. She likes to play all through the night. Around 4:00 a.m. she starts to calm down but not before a good round of hiccups. I'm lucky to get a couple hours of sleep at a time. She weighs about 5 1/2 lbs at this point. Her growth is right on target. It's hard to believe she'll be here in a few weeks! I'm getting anxious, excited and nervous all at the same time. I hope I'm cut out for this!!

I'm so thankful to still be pregnant so I'm trying to keep a positive attitude despite the swelling, irritability, sleepless nights, muscle spasms, stomach cramps, ect. Being pregnant in the summer is no laughing matter! I can't seem to get cool! I have turned our bedroom into a wind tunnel. Trey freezes every night and I'm still on top of the covers sweating like a pig (especially after hoisting myself out of bed for the 90th time to go pee)! I have definitely become a calamity. I'm very entertaining to watch. I always thought I would care about looking cute throughout my pregnancy. Right now I don't care how ridiculous I look as long as I can get from point a to point b. There is definitely a lot of waddling going on! It's exhausting hauling around all this extra weight. Give me another couple weeks and I'll be ready to have this baby! I plan to start walking around the neighborhood at night as soon as they give me the go ahead! Hopefully that will speed things along.

I was able to to leave the house this weekend! I felt as if I was released from prison. They don't want me standing on my feet for long periods of time but a little standing here and there is fine. We took the boat to the pro wakeboard tour on Sunday. It was so nice to be on the water again. I miss my lake time so much! Hopefully I'll be able to get a little wakeboard time in before the season ends.

Here's a look at what's going on with the little one this week...
Your pregnancy: 34 weeks

How your baby's growing:Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

No comments: