Monday, May 11, 2009

We Survived the Weekend


We made it through another week! I was so nervous about going to the doctor today. I just had this terrible feeling I would be sent back to the hospital. I DO NOT want to go back there for a long time!! Everything looked about the same as last week. They said no change is a good sign. I just have to stay off my feet and continue taking the medicine. The doctor seems to think I'll be able to make it to June. That would put me just over 30 weeks. It's incredibly scary and overwhelming to think of having this baby in the next few weeks. We are so so so far from being prepared! I'm still very optimistic that we will make it further than everyone thinks.

The highlight of my weekend was the beautiful baby shower Liz threw for us. So many of my best friends were able to make it. For one day I was able to forget about the scariness of preterm labor, hospitals, ect. and focus on celebrating this pregnancy with the people I love the most. I can already tell Natalee is going to be one spoiled little girl. She got so many cute outfits. We also got many of the nursery essentials which makes me feel a little more prepared for her arrival. I can't wait to see how everything looks in the nursery once we get it finished.

Speaking of the nursery... we (I mean my mom) almost has the painting completed. Trey and his dad set up the crib and unpacked the glider. We have the changing table, bookcase and night stand sitting in the garage waiting to be painted. The weather has halted us from finishing that project. We have most of the basics. The only thing left to get are the cute little accessories. I can't wait to see the finished project! I just wish I could play more of a role in the process. This bed rest deal has really screwed up my plans. My big project will be organizing her closet. I'm weird and enjoy that kind of stuff! I've already started washing all her clothes and putting them on hangers. After smelling Dreft for the first time the reality of having a baby kicked into overdrive. Now I just want to be done with all the preparations...like yesterday! I guess this is what nesting feels like. All I feel is unprepared!

Hopefully we will have a low key week. I know we all have our fingers crossed.




No comments: