Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Starting Week 26

We had a drama free doctor's appointment on Monday (i know hard to believe). He said that things are looking a little better than last week. He seemed shocked to see even a small improvement in such a short amount of time. He proceeded to diagnose me with a dynamic cervix. This simply means always changing. One week things may look as though I'm about to have this baby and the next week like I'm in good enough condition to run a marathon. Needless to say I'm stuck on bed rest for the remainder of the pregnancy. Trey and I are a little more optimistic this week. I feel like we'll be able to get through these next couple critical weeks.

We've had so many people call to check on us and bring us dinner. You guys have been so thoughtful and I can't tell you how much we appreciate everything that is being done for us! We are truly blessed to have such wonderful people around us. My boss is even driving in town tomorrow to spend the day with me. She's going to set me up with some things I can do from home to keep me busy. Unfortunately, the first thing I think of when I hear my boss is coming to my house is how am I going to clean? Before I could even stress about it my Mom offered to come over a clean. People are determined to keep me off my feet. So far it's working! Thank you for keeping us in your prayers!

Here's a look on what's going on this week...
Your pregnancy: 26 weeks
How your baby's growing:The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. She may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. She's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of her lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when she's born and takes that first gulp of air. And she's continuing to put on baby fat. She now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel.

No comments: