Monday, April 13, 2009

23 Weeks!!




We've made it to week 23! I'm so anxious for this baby to get here! She has really become active these past few days. Her favorite (a.k.a. my favorite) treat is chocolate and strawberry ice cream with granola from marble slab. She starts kicking like crazy every time I eat this. She's probably dancing around because I eat a pint in one sitting... yup that's right... A PINT!!! It's justifiable because I know how much Natalee loves her ice cream, haha!

At the last doctor visit my measurements were better than the previous week. They think the improvement is due to the amount of time I've been spending on the sofa. I'm still working but taking it easy as soon as I get home. Hopefully I can continue this routine and avoid total bed rest. We have another appointment with a perinatologist next week. They will check to see how the baby is growing and observe her living quarters. We've got our fingers crossed for good news.

Trey and I are so excited to take our last vacation before the baby comes. We're going to Hilton Head for a long weekend with our good friends Eric and Lindsey Watson. We are all in need of some rest and relaxation. I'm still not sure how I feel about wearing a bathing suit. This is a traumatic experience for me. My poor tummy looks like a road map with all the veins going everywhere.

I made an exciting purchase this weekend... THE DIAPER BAG! I'm in love with this bag. The owner of a Me and Mommy to Be now knows me by name. I think that's a sign I'm in there way too much! I was so excited to get home and show Trey my purchase. All I wanted to do was pack the bag full of fun baby stuff. I think it's a little premature for that. The first step should be figuring out what the heck goes in a diaper bag. I'm banking on this motherly instinct that I've been hearing about to kick in. At this point I'm completely clueless.

Here's a look at what's going on with the baby this week...

Your pregnancy: 23 weeks
See the big picture
How your baby's growing:Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking (in our case the dog screaming) or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.

The belly photo isn't the best but everyone has been asking me to update the pic. I'll get a better one up soon.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

that's a diaper bag?!!? you crack me up. looks like an extra big purse to me :)