Wednesday, April 22, 2009

24 Weeks and Counting...

We spent last week in Hilton Head with our good friends Eric and Lindsey. It was one of the most relaxing vacations I've ever been on. We literally sat in the sun and ate. That's about it! We got our much needed R&R. The drive was a lot harder on my pregnant body than I had anticipated. I had aches in places I didn't think could ache. It was well worth it but I probably won't be taking anymore road trips.

The baby has been very active this week! I'm pretty sure she's going to have her fathers size feet by the way she's been kicking me. By the way my stomach looks when she moves she trying to figure out a way to get out of there. We see my o.b. and the perinatologist tomorrow. Hopefully they'll tell us that we're right on track and everything looks great. These appointments always make me so nervous.

Here's a look at what's going on with the baby this week...
Your pregnancy: 24 weeks
See the big picture
How your baby's growing:Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.





Trey and I with Eric and Lindsey Watson in Hilton Head



24 Week Tummy Update

No comments: