Sunday, August 9, 2009

It Happened Two Weeks Ago

On Saturday, July 25th at 2:53 a.m. we welcomed Natalee Grace Mack to our family. She weighed 7 lbs 1.9 oz and was 18 3/4 inches long. She is absolutely perfect! We couldn't be happier and more thankful! What a blessing she is! It was a long journey to bring her into the world but worth every minute. I had no idea how much joy this little one would bring us. Hearing her let out that first cry was the most amazing sound I've ever heard. Trey and I could not be happier! We feel so lucky to have such a happy ending after a bumpy pregnancy!

It all started at 3:00 a.m. Friday morning. I began having contractions that were intense and close together. I kept track of each contraction throughout the morning. I realized it was time to call the doctor when I could no longer stand during the contractions. She told me to come in to be checked immediately. Trey got home for lunch around 2:00 p.m. and I informed him he wouldn't be going back to work. As we put our bags in the car and loaded the diaper bag reality began to set in. The next time we would pull into the driveway we would have a daughter.

The doctor checked me and informed me that I was 4cm dilated and 100 percent effaced. We had just bought ourselves a ticket to labor and delivery. In that moment in the doctors office Trey and felt so many emotions. We were like two kids on Christmas morning. We couldn't contain ourselves. That moment when we realized we were about to meet our daughter is a moment I'll always remember.

We were off to labor and delivery. I was admitted around 3:30 p.m. Things started moving rather quickly. I had my epidural by 5:00 p.m. There was no turning back at this point! I have to say I was feeling pretty good from the time I had my epidural until about 10:30 p.m. The nurse checked me and I was only 5 cm dilated. Half an hour later I started feeling a lot of pain. I told Trey I felt the urge to push and he needed to go find a nurse. She came back in and sure enough I was 10 cm dilated. Unfortunately the baby hadn't descended enough so I had to sit up in bed and endure 2 hours of strong contractions. I wasn't ready to start pushing until 1:00 a.m. By this point I was exhausted. I had been in labor almost 24 hours and hadn't eaten anything in 12 hours. I started to wonder if I had the strength to do what was necessary. It was the hardest most rewarding thing I've ever done in my life! Trey was absolutely amazing. There is no way I could have done it without his support and encouragement. At 2:53 a.m. after 2 hours of pushing we finally got to meet little Natalee! It was the most incredible moment of our life! What a miracle life is!

We are at home happy, healthy and a bit sleep deprived! We are loving every minute of this journey we have begun. Thank you to everyone who has kept us in your prayers over the last 9 months. Trey and I could never express how much this has meant to us! We will keep everyone updated on our angels progress! She has already changed so much!



Uncle Lee and Natalee

The Mack Family

First introduction to the other member of the fam

On her way home

Love at first sight

What a face!

She already has him wrapped around her finger

Sweet Girl



Welcome to the world










No comments: