Wednesday, May 28, 2014

May

Closing out May

We have had a busy couple weeks! The girls finished up school this month. We were all sad to say goodbye to our new friends and teachers. I'm going to have my hands full keeping these active girls occupied/entertained this summer. Mothers day out was a blessing for all of us.


 They have grown so much this year




Natalee with her teachers, Ms.Julia and Ms. Kara


Rylee and her best pal Lucy (aka Loopy)


Ry saying goodbye to Ms. Kristi (aka Ms. Pippi)

After wrapping up school we had to get ready for Natalee's dance recital. It's amazing to me how serious these studios take a 4 year old's recital. You would think we were in preparation for the NYC ballet! Needless to say this Momma put a smile on her face and did everything the studio expected (including waiting in line at 7 am for 3 hrs to buy tickets for the recital at $21 per ticket...insert sarcasm). Some days I wish she would have liked soccer, haha. In all seriousness I am elated that I get to share these memories with her! I can remember my dance recitals like it was yesterday. 

As I sat in the audience in anticipation for the crocodiles to run on stage I had a nervous feeling come over me. For the first time I was nervous for my little dancer. They finally ran on stage and I scanned through to find my little crocodile. Watching my little angel on that big stage was such a special experience. I was overwhelmed with emotions. I was so proud of my little girl. She got on a huge stage in front of a massive audience and danced her little heart out like she had been doing it every day. I am trying my best to savor these moments. I know they are only little once and I don't want to miss anything. I often remind myself of this when I feel like I'm on the verge of insanity after a long day ;)



  
Dance buddies





Proud little sisters 












Natalee and the lil sis fan club


The girls were over pictures. This was as good as it gets


We wrapped this month up with a weekend of playing outside. 






Now we're off to the beach! Happy SUMMER!!!

No comments: