Thursday, May 1, 2014

A couple years later...

It's safe to say I'm not a good consistent blogger... I have come to the conclusion that this is the best way to keep our out of town friends and family up to date on our crazy life.

Two years later in a nutshell... We had "little sister" and what a blessing she has been to our life. We moved into a new home, Trey started a new job, I left my company to start the stay at home journey and my babies have turned into little girls. Now you're caught up...

I have always wanted to start a journal for the girls. I wanted to start one for each of them to read as they became young adults. I wanted to document their stages throughout the years. What I came to realize is that I had already begun that process when I started this blog back in 2008. To me, this is a keepsake for our family documenting "life." It is not a "perfect" life but it is our life and I love living it. The good and the bad :) I am so thankful to be home full time with my kiddos but it has been a big adjustment. Transitioning from corporate America to "mom life" has been a challenge. After one year I am finally starting to settle into my new role. Now that I've worn both hats I have a tremendous amount of respect for both sides. It takes a strong person to work full time and be a mommy. At the same time it takes a lot of strength to be with those precious babies 24/7! What a gift they are! So what do we do now...? I have taken up gardening, haha. Seriously... I have... and I love it. Give me a hat, a plot of land and some garden tools and I'll be a happy camper.





This girls planted sunflower seeds this year and we are so excited to watch them grow! 

Life has been full of changes this past year but we are so thankful for our family and can't wait to see what God has in store for us. We are looking forward to a fun filled summer!