Thursday, March 5, 2009

Week 17

The weeks are beginning to go by a bit faster. I'm sure this has a lot to do with how busy I've been with work. I hope this pregnancy goes by quickly. Each week that passes is a week closer to the day we get to meet the little one. I've begun having the "pregnancy brain." I have to write everything down. My short term memory is basically extinct. I'm also starting to get the pregnancy tummy. My t-shirts are too snug for comfort! Thank goodness Lee let me borrow a ton of his t-shirts. They fit perfectly (for now...).

We go back to the doctor next Tuesday and Thursday. I'm very anxious to hear that everything is progressing as planned. I always get so nervous before these appointments. They will most likely be checking to make sure all measurements and blood levels are where they need to be. Again, this is the critical portion of the pregnancy. We have to keep monitoring all levels closely for the next 4 weeks. The 22 week mark can't get here fast enough! I'll be able to breath a sigh of relief once we make it to that point.

I've also found a new hobby... ONLINE SHOPPING!! I have got to get this under control, haha. I hate shopping for maternity clothes. It is so much easier to click a couple times and have everything delivered to your door step. Lauren Kelley (who's 34 weeks preggers) introduced me to amazon (she works for the company). I am now obsessed with that website. I could shop for hours. She even informed me that you can save 15% by having diapers, wipes, ect. sent to your house on a weekly basis. What did we do before the internet? Seriously, I can't remember what it was like!!

Here's a look at what's going on this week...
Your pregnancy: 17 weeks
How your baby's growing:Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.

Hopefully I'll get a couple updated tummy pics on here this weekend. It is definitely growing!

No comments: