Wednesday, February 25, 2009

16 Weeks

We had another visit to the doctor this week. At this point everything looks good but they will be monitoring me closely for the next 5 weeks. We were told that the next 5 weeks will be the most crucial period during my pregnancy. Some of the factors that have contributed to making me high risk have potential to become an issue over the next month. My doctor informed us that we will be able to rest easier once we hit the 22 week mark. We just have to hope and pray all goes smoothly until then. I'm just taking one day at a time and trying not to worry too much. Luckily I have the most amazing support system at home. Trey has been amazing! His outlook on life and this pregnancy is always positive and uplifting. My personality always tends to look at every scenario and make a plan in the event that each scenario becomes a reality. Everyone that knows me understands I have a tendency to over analyze everything. This characteristic comes in handy with my job but not as much in my day to day life. Thank goodness I have Trey to balance me out. He says I think too hard.
I'm anxiously waiting to feel little Natalee Grace move. I've been told I should feel something within the next week or so. During our ultrasound she was kicking like crazy. My doctor could feel it through the device she was using. She was surprised I couldn't feel it. She has already started to accumulate quite the wardrobe. Family and friends have given her the cutest little outfits. I can't wait to see her in all the little clothes.
Here's a look at what's going on this week:
Your pregnancy: 16 weeks
How your baby's growing:Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

I'll post updated pictures of my expanding tummy this weekend!

No comments: