Tuesday, January 27, 2009

12 Weeks













We made it. We are officially through our first trimester. We can finally make our little secret known! Our doctor's appointment went great. We had the nuchal translucency test today in order to determine the likelihood of down syndrome. At this point our baby looks to be healthy. The little one was moving around like crazy today. It was jumping all around inside my tummy. At one point the baby looked like it was waving to us. Trey and I were able to watch the baby for about 30 minutes. We were very entertained.

I've gained 5lbs so far. They say this about average. I've started feeling better and have been able to get back in the gym. Hopefully I can keep up some type of exercise routine throughout the pregnancy. I've just about outgrown my clothes. I guess it's about time to venture into the maternity section.

Today was the first time I had a premonition about the sex of the baby. I just had this feeling it is gonna be a boy. I've been drawn to boy bedding, clothes, ect. I could be completely wrong but at this point I think it is a boy. Trey still believes we are having a girl! Only time will tell. We may be able to find out in a couple weeks.

Here a look at what's going on with the baby this week:

Pregnancy Week 12...

How your baby's growing:The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it (WE WERE ACTUALLY ABLE TO DO THIS TODAY DURING THE ULTRASOUND AND THE BABY MOVED AROUND AS I PRESSED ON MY STOMACH). His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.








No comments: