Tuesday, January 20, 2009

11 WEEKS











Today marks 11 weeks! It has been an eventful week. We went to Snowshoe, WV to celebrate Lee's 21st Birthday! The conditions were amazing. Needless to say it was difficult to sit in the condo and be lazy. I know this is a small price to pay to ensure the little one is tucked away safe in my belly!
The nausea is subsiding and I'm starting to feel much better. The only issue I'm having now is extreme exhaustion. It literally takes all my energy to shower in the morning. I feel like I need a nap after most activities. However, I have started to get back in the gym. Obviously my workouts are much less intense. I spend most of my energy making sure my heart rate doesn't get above 140. This is so hard to do! I've started swimming and have checked into Pilates classes. My days of kickboxing and heavy cardio are over (at least for now).
We found out that we may be able to determine the sex on Feb. 9th depending on the position of the baby. My doctor has a 3d ultrasound machine which enables the sonographer to determine the sex much earlier! I can't believe we may be able to find out that soon!!
Needless to say Trey and I have had a lot of changes these past few months. We have a baby on the way and he has just taken a new job as the Knoxville/Chattanooga medical sales representative for ConMed Linvatec. I have a feeling this is the beginning of a chaotic life. We can kiss our long Saturday and Sunday afternoon napping sessions goodbye!
Here's a look at what's going on with the baby in week 11:
Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.





No comments: