Friday, December 19, 2008

Back Tracking... 6 Weeks and 3 days


We had our first ultra sound this week. Trey and I were a bit surprised to find out that I am not 8 weeks pregnant. As of today I'm 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant. After they measured the baby they were able to determine exactly how far along we are. The exciting news is that our new due date is August 11, 2009 OUR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY! What are the odds of that?

We were able to hear the baby's heart beat. It was a steady 114 BPM. I still can't get that little beat out of my head. It was the most amazing noise I have ever heard. Trey and I are still blown away by this entire experience. Hearing that little heart beat has taken us out of shock and into reality. The baby is measuring .38cm which is right on target. My doctor said everything looks wonderful. She even said I can continue working out. Now I really don't have an excuse.


Our next appointment is January 8th. I'll be close to my 9th week by that point. Trey and I were resting a little easier knowing I was almost past my first trimester (the scary period). We've gone backwards a bit and have another 5 and 1/2 more weeks before we can breath easy. Hopefully the time will fly by.

Here's a little info on what's going on this week with the baby...

How your baby's growing: This week's major developments: The nose, mouth, and ears that you'll spend so much time kissing in eight months are beginning to take shape. If you could see into your uterus, you'd find an oversize head and dark spots where your baby's eyes and nostrils are starting to form. His emerging ears are marked by small depressions on the sides of the head, and his arms and legs by protruding buds. His heart is beating about 100 to 160 times a minute — almost twice as fast as yours — and blood is beginning to course through his body. His intestines are developing, and the bud of tissue that will give rise to his lungs has appeared. His pituitary gland is forming, as are the rest of his brain, muscles, and bones. Right now, your baby is a quarter of an inch long, about the size of a lentil bean.










1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh my goodness!!!!!! these pics are amazing!!!